How we are supporting members
CHC’s support offer for members
CHC is working with housing associations to support them in their response to COVID-19. Our support offer to members is focused on four key strands: Rationalising and focusing data requests, information and practice sharing, influencing policy decisions to respond to member needs and supporting members to share staff and resources.
Rationalising and focusing data requests:
• Agreeing core data requirements and reporting arrangements with Welsh Government and relevant regulators (Social Housing Regulator and Care Inspectorate Wales).
• Sharing regular data updates across the sector.
• Act as a focal point for all sector wide data requests
Information and practice sharing:
• Act as a conduit to share key information from Welsh Government and Public Health Wales with HAs.
• Continue to collate examples of practice and share across housing associations via regular briefings.
• Enable associations to discuss approaches and support requirements as necessary via webinars and teleconferences.
• Share information on CHC’s plans in relation to its own events, training and member meetings.
Influence policy decisions to respond to member needs:
• Form a consolidated member led response to Welsh Government (and relevant UK Government) announcements and proposals.
• Work with civil servants and regulatory bodies to support their response and feed in the views of HAs.
Supporting members to share staff and resources:
• Work with members to investigate the feasibility of a central data base to share/pool resources in certain parts of the country.