Working for CHC
We are a dedicated staff team who work together to enable our members to be brilliant.
Our culture is open, trusting and caring and our values not only reflect how we work with each other but also how we work with our members and stakeholders. Staff have the freedom to perform their job when and where they work best. We encourage innovation and we are always exploring new ways to do things better
There are lots of opportunities to work collaboratively across the organisation on projects, events, and campaigns and also across the sector.
During the pandemic we made the switch to remote working for everyone - providing the equipment and tools to enable staff to continue to do their jobs. We will continue to support staff to work flexibly with a focus on outcomes.
We offer excellent terms and conditions that look to motivate, engage and look after our employees including:
- Flexible working - focussing on outputs not time worked
- Company sick pay scheme
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days by year 5
- 4 additional days leave at Christmas
- Defined contribution pension
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and paternity leave
- Paid professional subscription, where it relates to your role
- Paid for cash health plan
- Access to face to face counselling
- Car loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career breaks
- Personal learning and development fund
- Subsidised gym membership
- Office Christmas party
- Team away days
- Social events and get-togethers
- Externally benchmarked salaries, reviewed every three years
- Annual cost of living award
I feel really cared for and value the emphasis on work-life balance and the flexibility of working.
Flexibility in how and when work is done, and understanding of how life outside work can impact wellbeing in work.
The way CHC work is based on high-trust and empowering individuals to do the right thing
The people, the passion, and the feeling of making a difference!
Working at CHC has changed my life for the better, such a caring organisation. Proud to be part of the team.
Working on the issues that matter. Everyone needs a safe, warm and affordable home - being part of ending the housing crisis is a fantastic motivator each morning!
No two days are ever the same. I know that I can reach out to colleagues if I need help or support. My opinion is listened to and valued. And we don't take ourselves too seriously … :-)
CHC is a supportive and fun environment to work in - even in a virtual world!