Webinar: Transforming housing for our older people through digital innovation and technology
With Tim Barclay, CEO, Apello and Mark Stratford, Commercial Director, Appello
Driven by the upgrade of the UK telecoms network, the move from analogue to digital Telecare and Technology Enabled Care (TEC) services is gathering immense pace. In Wales, Caergwrle in Flintshire became one of the first places to receive a Stop Sell on PSTN services in June 2021. Many more including exchanges in Gwynedd, Wrexham and Vale of Glamorgan have followed as Openreach aims for a full migration to IP services by 2025. With 67% of Councils in Wales claiming they are worried about their digital transition, and only 19% having a plan in place, this session will be valuable.
Through this session, we will look at why these changes and other events of the last decade, coupled with the ongoing changes in society, infrastructure and technology, mean that 2022 should be the year that sees a change of pace in the adoption of technology in social housing to support vulnerable or older people. The good news is that this is now a well-trodden path, with thousands of residents in Wales already benefitting from safety and wellbeing enhancements from digital telecare services. We will build on this experience to delve into:
- What are the factors contributing to greater adoption of technology
- Why is the digitalisation of our telecoms infrastructure driving change, and what is the impact of social housing providers.
- The important steps for successfully moving to digital, and creating safer and better living experiences
- Understand what the landscape looks like today and in the coming years
- Identify the key considerations for your organisations as you start your digital journey
- Hear from one our customers on their experience of moving to digital