Training: 4414 - Repairs for Non Technical Staff
Why you should attend
If you are a non-technical person involved in any aspect of your organisation’s repairs and maintenance service this course is for you. The course will reinforce your knowledge of the legal responsibilities for repairs and also give you greater confidence in dealing with the technical aspects of the job.
Reception, administrative, housing officers, caretakers, wardens and other non-technical staff dealing with repairs and maintenance requests from tenants.
To improve your knowledge of repairs, equipping you with skills to be effective in your role
The focus will be on:
- Naming and recognising structural and service elements in a house
- Knowing the jargon - how to use a guide to understand trades such as heating, plumbing and joinery
- Understanding emergencies, common repairs and assessing when an inspection is needed, including problems with damp
- The repairs service - how to diagnose repairs using a step by step method
- Asking the right questions for an effective repair specification