4433 - Dealing with Drugs in Housing
Many professionals working in the housing sector have to deal with issues associated with clients/tenants drug use on a regular basis. This course provides a comprehensive overview of current drug trends with a particular focus on working with clients/tenants who may be drug/alcohol dependent. The course will help staff identify particular substances and signs of drug use on the premises. The training also provides clear guidance on the law and managing drug related incidents.
The course is suitable for all housing staff who require up to date information on drugs issues and how to work with clients who may be using.
What will you learn:
- To explore how and why patterns of drug use are changing.
- To identify particular substances and signs of their use.
- To gain an understanding of the nature of drug/alcohol addiction.
- To be aware of current legislation governing drug use on premises.
- To understand the good practice guidelines in managing drug related incidents.
- To understand where further help, information and advice is available.