Why is the social housing sector so important?
Housing associations and community mutuals are the largest providers of social housing in Wales, housing 10% of the population.
CHC has conducted a survey over the last 10 years which looks at the impact that housing associations and community mutuals make in Welsh communities.
Did you know that in 2016/17, Welsh housing associations:
- Provided an additional 2,533 homes (745 were provided without Social Housing Grant).
- Directly spent £1051m and contributed £1962m to the economy (directly and indirectly), with 84% retained in Wales.
- Spent £547m on construction, maintenance and repairs.
- Directly employed 8,731 people and supported over 22,000 FTE jobs in Wales. For every one full time person employed by a housing association, one and a half jobs are supported elsewhere in the economy.
- Spent £471m on regeneration.
- Provided skills development for 6,500 people, and created 1,500 training and employment opportunities.
We are a sector with the ability and track record to deliver.
Becoming a commercial member of CHC, at an affordable cost, would offer you networking opportunities with the key people involved with housing in Wales and give you access to information and advice that may not be open to your competitors.
Find out more about our commercial opportunities on the link below:
For further information or to arrange a meeting to discuss your membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (029 2067 4814).