Why is the social housing sector so important?
Housing associations and community mutuals are the largest providers of social housing in Wales, housing 10% of the population.
CHC has conducted a survey over the last 10 years which looks at the impact that housing associations and community mutuals make in Welsh communities.
Did you know that in 2017/2018, Welsh housing associations:
- £327m invested into developing new homes in 2017/18, a rise of almost 7% from 2016/17
- 5% increase in turnover for the sector, with £445m of that invested back into regeneration throughout the year
- The sector now owns and manages 162,439 homes
- Housing Associations in Wales directly spent £1.2bn in 2018, of which 84% was retained in Wales
- The indirect supplier effect meant the total contribution to the economy was over £2bn
- Housing fixed asset levels, before depreciation, are now shown at £7.4bn, a 7.2% increase from 2017
- Capital and Reserves levels are now £1.16bn (2017: £1.07bn), demonstrating the confidence lenders have in the social housing sector
- We are a sector with the ability and track record to deliver.
Becoming a commercial member of CHC, at an affordable cost, would offer you networking opportunities with the key people involved with housing in Wales and give you access to information and advice that may not be open to your competitors.
See footage from our summer Commercial Member event here.
Find out more about our commercial opportunities on the link below:
For further information or to arrange a meeting to discuss your membership, please contact Edwina O'Hart (02920 674808).