4317 - Fire Safety in Specialized Housing - North Wales
Date: February 27, 2020, 9:30 am until: February 27, 2020, 4:30 pm
Event Type: Training
Venue: Cartrefi Conwy, Morfa Gele, North Wales Business Park, Cae Eithin, Abergele, LL22 8LJ
Training Type: General
Member Price: £ 100 per day (PFAS members £60)
Non Member Price: £ N/A
Fire Safety in Specialised Housing, including Sheltered Housing, Extra Care Housing and Supported Housing.
Who is this for?
This event is suitable for all those involved in the management, assessment and enforcement of fire safety in specialised housing. It’s relevant to private and social landlords, other housing providers, managing agents, facilities managers, care and support providers, local authority service commissioners, fire risk assessors and enforcing authorities. Delegates attending the course will receive seven CPD hours validated by the Institution of Fire Engineers.
Why should you attend?
A comprehensive one day fire safety training event led by C.S. Todd, fire safety experts.
In addition to covering the technical content of C.S Todd’s ‘fire safety in specialised housing’ guide the trainers will provide a unique insight into the approach taken in the guide.
From attending this session delegates will:
- Understand why fire risk and fire safety in specialised housing differs from other buildings.
- Enhance their knowledge of the laws governing fire safety in specialised housing
- Increase their understanding of the fire safety design principles associated with different forms of specialised housing
- Understand the person-centred approach for vulnerable people
- Understand the appropriate approach to fire risk assessment for specialised housing
Delegates will also have an opportunity to discuss technical and management issues associated with this important new guidance.
- Introduction and background to the development and scope of the guide
- The risk of fire
- Fires in specialised housing
- Fire safety design principles for specialised housing
- The law governing fire safety in specialised housing
- The person-centred approach
- The requirement for a fire risk assessment
- Fire prevention in specialized housing
- Fire protection for the person
- Fire protection measures in specialised housing
- The management of fire safety in specialised housing
- Q&A session
Staff members from housing associations that are members of the PFAS will be able to attend at a reduced cost, subsidised by the PFAS Year 1 budget. Non-PFAS members are welcome to attend but will pay a standard fee.
Cost per day (includes training, venue and catering):
- PFAS members - £60 per day
- Non-PFAS members - £100 per day