Fire Safety in Purpose-Built Blocks of Flats - South Wales
Date: February 19, 2020, 9:30 am until: February 19, 2020, 4:30 pm
Event Type: Training
Venue: CMC@Loudoun, Plas Iona, Butetown, Cardiff CF10 5HW
Training Type: General
Member Price: £ 100 (PFAS members £60)
Non Member Price: £ N/A
Who is this for?
This event is suitable for all those involved in the management, assessment and enforcement of fire safety in purpose built blocks of flats. It will be particularly relevant to private and social landlords, other housing providers, risk assessors and enforcement authorities.
Why should I attend?
This is a comprehensive one-day fire safety training event led by the authors of the sector-led guide ‘Fire Safety in Purpose-Built Blocks of Flats’. In addition to covering the technical content of the guide, the authors will be able to give a unique insight into the background and thinking behind the approach taken in the guide
From attending this session delegates will:
- Enhance their knowledge of the laws governing fire safety in blocks of flats
- Have the opportunity to explore the “stay put” policy and when it is appropriate
- Increase their understanding of the fire safety design principles associated with blocks of flats
- Obtain insight into why fire risk and fire safety in blocks of flats differs from other buildings
Delegates will also have an opportunity to discuss technical and management issues.
- Introduction and background to the development and scope of ‘Fire Safety in Purpose-Built Block of Flats’
- The risk of fire
- Fire safety design principles for blocks of flats
- The law governing fire safety in blocks of flats
- The requirement for a fire risk assessment
- The management of fire risk in blocks of flats
- Fire protection measures in blocks of flats
- The management of fire safety in blocks of flats
- Case studies
- Q&A session
Staff members from housing associations that are members of the Primary Fire Authority Scheme (PFAS) will be able to attend at a reduced cost, subsidised by the PFAS Year 1 budget. Non-PFAS members are welcome to attend but will pay a standard fee.
Cost per day (includes training, venue and catering):
- PFAS members - £60 per day
- Non-PFAS members - £100 per day