4330 - Public Services Ombudsman for Wales Act 2019
Date: January 13, 2020, 2:00 pm until: January 13, 2020, 5:00 pm
Event Type: Training
Venue: CHC Offices, Cardiff
Training Type: General
Member Price: £ 95
Non Member Price: £ 195
The Ombudsman’s new powers: what does it mean for RSLs?
This 3 hour course will focus on the Ombudsman’s new powers under the PSOW Act 2019 and their likely impact on RSLs.
The course will look at the following aspects of the Act and the Ombudsman’s new powers in particular:
- Overview of PSOW 2019: What’s the same and what’s new?
- New Ombudsman powers: in particular, own-initiative investigations.
- Objectives and anticipated outcomes: what are new powers intended to achieve?
- Criteria for own-initiative investigations: the public interest test.
- Process: the Ombudsman’s approach.
- Possible scenarios/likely triggers: how will the Ombudsman identify issues for investigations?
- Impact on housing providers: what are the areas of likely focus for individual RSLs and the sector generally. How can RSLs prepare?