4319 - Small Steps Hoarding Awareness Training
Date: December 6, 2019, 10:00 am until: December 6, 2019, 12:00 pm
Event Type: Training
Venue: CHC Offices, Cardiff
Training Type: General
Member Price: £ 25
Non Member Price: £ 50
Who is this for:
Anyone within the housing sector who provides a supporting service and are likely to work with tenants with a hoarding disorder.
Why should I attend?
This session will provide the tools and knowledge needed in offering effective support to your tenants with hoarding issues.
By attending this two hour workshop the participants will:
- Understand the causes of hoarding or chronically disorganised homes:
- Recognise the different types of Hoarding Disorder and understand why that matters
- Developed more empathy towards such clients and stronger working relationships
- Improved their confidence when working with them;
- Have information and ideas which will help staff feel better able to work with clients on improving their home conditions
All attendees will receive a handout with useful links to recommended further reading.
About the Trainer
Susi De Lacey MBACP(Reg.,) MASIIP., LLB is a qualified counsellor and a Registered Member of The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and owner of Llanelli Counselling Service. A former barrister, she changed careers in 2012 and has worked in mental health ever since, first as an advocate for parents with learning disabilities and later as the Deputy Manager of Eiriol Mental Health Advocacy Charity. During this time she liaised with Carmarthenshire Hoarding Network to improve access to mental health support services including counselling. She has worked as an NHS counsellor within the community and also as an NHS Bereavement Counsellor at Prince Phillip Hospital. Last year she designed and ran a successful eight-week workshop for people with hoarding issues at Swansea Mind. Susi sits on several mental health committees and strategy groups across south Wales.