4302 - Service Charges
Date: June 24, 2019, 9:30 am until: June 24, 2019, 4:30 pm
Event Type: Training
Venue: CHC Offices, Cardiff
Training Type: General
Member Price: £ 145
Non Member Price: £ 245
At the end of the day delegates will have:
- An understanding of what a service charge is;
- Understand the difference between fixed and variable charges, the benefits and disadvantages of each type;
- What can be charged under tenancy agreements, including assured, intermediate rents; and leases.
- What are the landlord’s obligations in relation to repairs and maintenance and service charges;
- Carried out an apportionment and budgeting exercise;
- Discussed examples of service charge accounting;
- An understanding of the legal framework of variable service charges;
- An understanding of the recovery of variable service charges;
- An understanding of Universal Credit and the setting/recovery of service charge
This course is essential for anyone in the housing sector working in housing management and/or services as well as those in maintenance, finance and development where they are responsible for service charges.
Delegates are encouraged to bring a copy of a tenancy agreement to the course and also to bring a service charge difficulty or problem that they would like to discuss.