4285 - Creating Films for Social Media Usage
Date:09:15 20 February 2019 until: 17:00 20 February 2019
Event Type: Training
Venue: CHC Offices, Cardiff
Training Type: General
Member Price: £ 195
Non Member Price: £ 295
Focused on creating films for social media usage. Filmed and edited on iOS or Android phones or tablets (supplied by the individual or organisation). Films screened and shared by the group(s) at the end of the day.
- Introductions and organise those present into groups.
- An overview of story telling and a real strong focus on not being frightened or consumed by the tech available. Tech comes and goes and the most important thing is story telling ability and visual story telling skills. Be that from a still photo or a movie.
- A look at what tech is available and how to make the most of what we have. (explore what people have already done).
- A look at what extra equipment would make a big difference to the films people might make (lights, microphone, tripod, backdrops, etc) learning about each item along with their advantages and limits.
- An overview and examples of tips and tricks when filming. EG using windows correctly, getting the camera close for good sound if necessary. Angles, camera movement etc.
- Some practice sessions with the devices people have. Usually making in camera consecutive shot linear stories. (plan, shoot, screen)
- Explore how, when and why the individuals might make films in their workplace,
- Create briefs to make work related short films, creating storyboards, set up shots, where interviews might be useful and how to script them, what questions might need to be asked and how.
- In groups make film base on pre lunch scripts.
- View the unedited film footage.
- Discuss how this might be improved by reshooting or by editing.
- Look at editing options (iMovie, Android specific tools, On line tools, Adobe and other editing)
- Depending on time and ability - possibly edit using any of the tools available (usually a secondary course)
- We would look at the options available for on screen graphics, captions, titles.
- Finally we would explore the delivery options - youtube, vimeo, wistia, Facebook, instagram etc. and the differences between them