Date:09:30 28 March 2017 until: 17:00 28 March 2017
Event Type: Training
Venue: CHC Offices, Cardiff
Training Type: General
Member Price: £ 145.00
Non Member Price: £ 145.00
Do you know what’s a soffit or a ballcock? Who would you send if a tenant or customer reports a fault with their thermostat? We de-mystify the world of repairs by helping non-technical staff understand what to do when dealing with a request for a repair.
Key Benefits are:-
- Learning to ask the right questions to identify what repair is needed.
- Understanding the jargon used by maintenance staff
- Knowing when to request an inspection
- Understanding how to prioritise a repair
- Knowing what to do when dealing with an emergency
- Learning about the legal responsibilities when it comes to repairs.
Who Should Attend
Anyone of a non-technical background who helps/supports tenants or customers when they report a repair:
- Customer Service advisors
- Schedulers and Planners
- Housing staff
- Tenancy staff
- Staff who carry out estate/neighbourhood inspections
- Supported and Assisted Living staff
- Neighbourhood and community outreach workers.
Nitin Parmar is a training consultant with more than twenty years experience in the housing sector, including maintenance and repairs. He is an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Housing, an Affiliate member of the Institute of Personnel and Development as well as an Assessor for the Business Excellence Model.