Working for CHC
Community Housing Cymru is a remote working organisation, with staff based across north and south Wales, and in England. Staff have the freedom to perform their job when and where they work best.
We get together as a whole staff team regularly, and have an office space in Cardiff that everyone can use for meetings and collaborative working.
Our culture and values are important to us, and we are proud to have a staff team that is not only dedicated to our mission but passionate about the work needed to progress.
We encourage innovation and are always exploring how we can do things better. There are lots of opportunities to work collaboratively across the organisation on projects, events, and campaigns and also across the sector.
Our values reflect how we work with each other, as well as our members and stakeholders.
We offer excellent terms and conditions that look to motivate, engage and look after our employees including:
- Flexible working - focussing on outputs not time worked
- Company sick pay scheme
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days by year 5
- 4 additional days leave at Christmas
- Defined contribution pension
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and paternity leave
- Paid professional subscription, where it relates to your role
- Paid for cash health plan
- Access to face to face counselling
- Car loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career breaks
- Personal learning and development fund
- Subsidised gym membership
- Office Christmas party
- Team away days
- Social events and get-togethers
- Externally benchmarked salaries, reviewed every three years
- Annual cost of living award
"I feel really cared for and value the emphasis on work-life balance and the flexibility of working."
"Flexibility in how and when work is done, and understanding of how life outside work can impact wellbeing in work."
"The way CHC works is based on high trust and empowering individuals to do the right thing."
"The people, the passion, and the feeling of making a difference!"
"Working at CHC has changed my life for the better, such a caring organisation. Proud to be part of the team."
"Working on the issues that matter. Everyone needs a safe, warm and affordable home - being part of ending the housing crisis is a fantastic motivator each morning! "
"No two days are ever the same. I know that I can reach out to colleagues if I need help or support. My opinion is listened to and valued. And we don't take ourselves too seriously."
"CHC is a supportive and fun environment to work in - even in a virtual world!"